What is a Resolve Facial?
PicoWay Resolve works differently because it uses extremely targeted and extremely short laser pulses (measured in picoseconds, or trillionths of a second). These pulses can shatter unwanted pigment into much smaller particles than traditional lasers can. PicoWay Resolve also emits less heat energy than traditional lasers, so less energy transfers to the skin.
- You can see improvement in fewer treatments.
- Less heat means less discomfort in treatment.
- The targeted approach means you have no lengthy recovery.
While PicoWay Resolve is at work, it is encouraging the production of collagen. This is your body’s rejuvenating mechanism for skin. As collagen is created, it helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. PicoWay works on all skin types. If you have freckles, birthmarks, age spots, melasma, or other skin irregularities that are adding years to your appearance, you may be a good candidate. Visit New Life Laser for an initial consultation about this revolutionary skin treatment.
During your appointment, you have the opportunity to discuss your goals with your clinician, ask questions, and take part in a skin assessment. This helps your treatment provider evaluate your concerns & the areas you want to address. We can take a close look at areas of fine lines, discoloration, and irregularities to understand what’s causing them. Once your clinician determines that you are a good candidate for PicoWay Resolve, she can talk with you about the technology, expected outcomes, and explain how the procedure works.
What You Can Expect with PicoWay Resolve
The number of PicoWay Resolve laser skin treatments you have depends on your needs and goals. New Life Laser can treat some concerns in a single session, while others may require several visits. Clients generally tell us that PicoWay Resolve causes only minimal discomfort, and because it is more efficient than some other technologies, treatment can be over sooner. In the procedure:
- Your clinician applies the PicoWay Resolve laser light to the targeted area.
- Ultra-short pulses of light break up unwanted pigment. They also stimulate collagen production.
- The procedure lasts about 20 minutes. Immediately afterward, you can return to normal activities, which makes PicoWay Resolve laser skin treatment great for professionals who need work-day appointments.
After PicoWay Resolve
While laser skin treatments have no downtime, there are some steps New Life Laser recommends following your procedure:
- Right after PicoWay Resolve, apply sunscreen to protect the area before walking outdoors. We may also recommend that you use a topical ointment.
- The treated area may stay red for a few hours. Avoid scrubbing or irritating the skin for a few days.
- You may notice darker spots peeling or falling off in the treatment site. This is a normal part of the process, but feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Some clients experience a temporary lightening or darkening of the skin, which should resolve to normal pigmentation color.
- After treatment, freckles, birthmarks, age spots, and other blemishes should be reduced or eliminated, and over time, fine lines and wrinkles should reduce in appearance.
Common Treatments with Picoway Resolve:
Acne Scars: Did you know that nearly 40% of those with acne have some degree of scarring? Many acne scars result from a loss of collagen in the skin. PicoWay Resolve is an ultra-short, picosecond laser that reaches below the surface of the skin to stimulate production of collagen and elastin, without breaking the outermost layer of the skin. In clinical studies, 94% of treated areas improved and patients were highly satisfied with results.
Wrinkles: Millions of people each year seek treatment for their wrinkles. Wrinkles can be caused by a loss of collagen and elastin in the skin.
PicoWay Resolve is a non-invasive, needle free treatment option for wrinkles. Resolve uses ultra-short laser pulses to reach under the skin, without breaking the outer layer of the skin. Picosecond lasers are proven to stimulate collagen and elastin.
Dark Spots: Skin discoloration is common, yet treatable. Dark spots, or benign pigmented lesions, such as freckles, liver spots (age spots), and café-au-lait (brown patches), appear in many people on different areas of the skin. Some spots are related to excessive sun exposure. Others, like melasma, can be caused by hormone changes, often impacting women following pregnancy. Many of these skin discolorations can be distressing and affect quality of life.
Request a Free Consultation